Saturday, July 23, 2011

VIZIO M261VP 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Application, Black


Let me preface my review with the following. I'm not an audiophile, and this purchase was made for a bedroom TV.
The picture quality is fantastic and amazing, I feel better than my 42in Samsung plasma. The sound is less "tinny" than the previous model, but still lack in the bass that gives it that laptop quality speaker sound even at moderate volume seems quality to sound better (at least for me), otherwise a bedroom TV, it is excellent.

WiFi is easy to set up (built and supported 128 bit encryption). I found the settings / menu system is extremely well done and easy to use with their remote control.

Tried Netflix and with only two bars WiFi (due to the distance from the router) was the picture quality is great and never "adjusted" because of signal degradation.

The controls are located on the back of the TV, making it a little difficult for the flying of power, but I like it because my 3 year old likes to push buttons. In addition to ... We have remotes, right?

The remote is somewhat cheap, but easy to use.

Vizio program loads quickly on my network (YMMV).

-. 5 not so good bass (or lack there of low vol)
-. 5 of the lack of several possible audio options menu.

You are definitely paying for the picture, built-in WiFi and Internet via audio quality with this purchase, so if you if you go into this purchase knowing this (as I did), then you should be happy and you can always connect some external speakers to improve sound quality.

We bought this to replace the 19 "LCD which was in our kitchen and we absolutely love it. It was easy to connect to the Internet (although I'm good with computers and electronics). The picture we get when Netflix streaming is awesome. The which has been over comments about how thin television is and what a good picture, it has.

Other reviewers have commented on poor sound quality, I disagree with them. I think there is room for improvement in the speakers go, but you people really expect home theater sound from a $ 400 razor-thin high-definition TV? Even the TV in my kitchen, where there is usually so much background noise and other things going on that the quality of the sound is not really a problem. Finally, no one come across has ever made a comment about sound quality, and these are friends, not visitors who are trying to be polite.

Web Apps are all great and amuse kids for hours (I just have to figure out how to block less good content, and it would be perfect). I would buy this TV again in a heartbeat.


Edit on 12/18/2010: We have used this TV every day for the past two months and we still love it. Pandora is great for Christmas music while we decorate and wrap gifts. Internet applications work very well and still no comments (good or bad) on the sound quality. We remain very pleased with our purchase and I will definitely buy this TV again.

No comments:

Post a Comment